Today we are here with the baklava recipe. You can read the details to get involved in this taste and get answers to your question of how to make baklava.
Ingredients for Baklava Recipe
- 5 cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 glass of sunflower oil
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of powdered pistachios
- 3.5 cups sugar
- 3.5 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Phyllo dough sheets and the layers:
- 1.5 cup corn starch
- 250 grams of melted butter
- 3 cups of ground walnut
How to Make Baklava?
- Pour the flour into a deep mixing bowl. Open the middle of the flour with your fingertips as a pool. Add the eggs, milk, sunflower oil, baking powder, vinegar and salt.
- Slowly mix all the ingredients and prepare a soft dough. Rest the dough covering with a damp cloth for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Put the rested dough on the counter after separating it into twenty equal parts. Spread each dough over the countertop as plate-sized.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch between the layers and put the dough on top of each other and then keep rolling with the help of a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan in low heat to oil the dough layers.
- Oil the base of the oven tray with melted butter. Put aside two of the smoothest of the doughs that you have rolled, as the lower and the upper layer of the baklava.
- Oil the ten pieces of phyllo dough with butter and place them on the oven tray. Sprinkle the ground walnut evenly into the middle of the phyllo dough.
- Keep doing the same procedure for the remaining phyllo dough slices by oiling them with butter. Push the edges of the dough to the bottom of the tray with a sharp knife.
- Slice the baklava into diamond or rectangular shape. Apply the remaining melted butter on the baklava with an egg brush. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven and cook for about 50 minutes.
- To prepare the syrup; after mixing the sugar in a deep pot with water, boil for about 25 minutes over medium heat. After adding lemon juice to the boiling syrup, remove it from the stove.
- Wait for the hot syrup to be drawn by the hot baklava dough by adding it with a scoop slowly. Finally, sprinkle the pistachio on the slices of the baklava that absorved the syrup and serve it.
Enjoy your meal.
Image source: yemek.com